Monday, August 15, 2011

Crane Lake: take two

It may seem as though I've forgotten I stopped at "take one" for our Crane Lake post, but I didn't. I've just been too busy lately to get the 2nd post up. But here it is, I'm sure you're all waiting patiently to read it...

After our long day out to the Ash River, we were all a little spent. Well mostly the dogs...
IMG_3309A
IMG_3313A
Despite these issues, we all piled on the boat and headed out to a portage... I think that's what it's called. When we got there, we docked the boat and "hiked" through a short wooded area and other peoples campsite (awkward) and up the trails. We weren't entirely sure where our destination was. I was eager to pull Harper aside from venturing off when I found this.
IMG_3317A
Steve and I literally just saw 127 Hours... I wasn't taking any chances.

Once we realized we weren't sure where we were going, we back tracked a little and found a nice area by the water. This is a motorless lake, so it's quite peaceful with canoes and kayaks as the only transportation out there.

We grabbed some rock and watched the pups run around.
IMG_3320A
IMG_3335A
IMG_3343A
IMG_3346A
IMG_3355A
The sun peeked out for just a bit while we were out there, and it was a nice surprise.
IMG_3353A
After our early afternoon on the trails we were cabin bound. This was when the boys decided to trampoline off the dock, while the rest of us remained as onlookers.
IMG_3369A
IMG_3420A
It just wouldn't be right, for some of these guys to go up north and not shoot anything... So they pulled out a pellet/cap/whatever it's called gun, and lined up some cans.
IMG_3372A
IMG_3375A
Note: I'm well aware I hold the gun completely F'ed up, but this is the only way I can line up my shot comfortably. And I still hit shit. For being a non-gun person... I'm a pretty decent shot. Just so you know...
IMG_3377A
More food was eaten, more great conversation was had, and of course a few more drinks... It was another perfectly executed weekend in Crane Lake. I hope we get a chance to go again next year.
IMG_3446A
A "wop-like" drink Steve composed, he said it was awesome. I didn't try it, but believe him. Notice how the color has drained from the fruit.
IMG_3453A

~~~~~

p.s. I am really excited, I just entered 3 of my pictures into a local photo contest. Probably won't hear anything about it until late September at the earliest. Wish me luck : )

p.p.s. Thanks to Steve's parents! For his birthday they bought Steve us Steve new pots and pans. Definitely needed, and I joke, WE will make some good meals with those here soon.

~~~~~

2 comments:

Daina @ New York State of Mind said...

Looks like a great time!

Which photos did you enter? That is exciting! Good luck!

Nikki said...

You make me want a black dog! I can't believe harper swims!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...